Saturday, August 22, 2009

Riding a horse at the Syracuse corral

Earlier this week John and Suzi invited us to go down to an old rodeo corral in Syracuse to ride a horse. Audrey was super excited about it. She could hardly wait to ride the horse. Isaac on the other hand, was a little hesitant. He is a lot like his mom in the way that he is a little skeptical of things and experiencing the adventurous things in life. I admit I am a bit of a scaredy cat when it comes to things that are out of my hands. Anyway, the family had a lot of fun. The saddle on the horse was a saddle that Grandma Spencer had won in 1966 while barrel racing. So after each of the kids had a turn Grandma could hardly wait to get on that horse. It was a lot of fun to see everyone having so much fun. And if you are all still wondering, NO I did not get on the horse. Pretty sad that my two little ones have more guts than I do, lol. But I had just as much fun watching them have fun. I never believed my mom when she would tell me that when I was younger, but now I understand the joy that she felt watching me and my siblings grow up doing the activities we enjoyed. I love you munchkins!!


1 comment:

  1. That is so cool that they both rode on the horse. What cute pictures of them too. I'm glad that your blog is working againg too. (I need to work on mine again.) It's really great to see what you guys are doing.

    ReplyDelete