Saturday, June 6, 2009

A day with the family at the HAFB Air Show

Today we went to the air show at Hill Air force Base.  It was a lot of fun, tons of walking, but still it was great.  Having lived here all my life you would have thought I have been to an air show before, but I never have been.  We saw all sorts of military planes, trucks and helicopters. Then we watched different airplanes perform the air show, it was so much fun to see them.  The performances were absolutely amazing.  After the show was over we were amongst hundreds (I think even thousands) of people waiting for the UTA shuttle buses.  When traffic was at an absolute standstill we decided to walk off of the base.   We walked at least 3 or 4 miles and still beat the shuttle buses out.  Then we had Kaye come meet us at Ligori's for dinner and then headed back to the trax station to pick up the car.  Every one of us are exhausted, but it was a great day!!!



Steve with the kids in front of a helicopter.

Tara, Don (Grandpa), Isaac and Audrey in front of one of many planes.
Isaac inside of a huge combat rescue plane.  He is standing in front of a bunch of parachute packs.  They are a lot heavier than I had ever imagined. 
Audrey buckled and ready to go. She loved the seats that were lined down the side of the airplane.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, I am so jealous! I had to miss this year (first time in I don't know how many shows) Bracken wasn't feeling well, SOOO... looks like you had fun, I love the picture of Audrey in the seat belt...her face is priceless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that activity would be a once in a lifetime one for me :) BIG crouds, loud noises...but probably totally worth it just to say you've had the experience. I'm glad you had fun!

    ReplyDelete